12 October 2023
- We’ve got some fantastic updates to share with you! We’ve taken last week’s work on CSV import and made it even better. Now, you won’t have to go through the hassle of mapping columns each time you import data. We’ve added a nifty feature that saves your column mappings for you. Plus, there’s a handy preview that lets you see the imported data and a log that highlights any issues with specific rows during the import process.
- But that’s not all! We’ve also been working on data compression. By shrinking your data into smaller packages, we’re speeding up data transfer within our systems. The result? More data gets processed in less time, and that’s a win-win for everyone!
- In addition to these exciting improvements, we’ve made a few tweaks to our admin portals that help us make your experience even smoother. And we’ve sorted out an issue with the timing of trial activations. It’s all in a week’s work, and it comes with lots of love from our team to yours!
5 October 2023
- Exciting news for this week! We’ve just rolled out a new feature that our users have been eagerly waiting for. You can now import rectangular parts and sheets directly from CSV files, whether you’re using Excel or any other spreadsheet software. This is especially handy if you’re working with rectangular products and want to skip the hassle of creating DXF files. Plus, it’s a time-saver for those who need to bring in rectangular data from external systems.
- We’ve also resolved a timing issue with our credit card free trial application process, making it smoother and a more efficient experience for both you and us.
- In other exciting news, our development efforts are ongoing as we work diligently to bring you the highly anticipated feature of folders for organizing your library parts and saved nests. Keep an eye out for this fantastic addition, as it’s just around the corner and coming your way very soon!
28 September 2023
- This week we’ve been re-imagining our checkout layout including new FAQs and free-trial application links. We’ve made it very clear that you can access a free-trial without credit card by quick application process or immediate free trial access by simply adding a credit card.
- We’ve further reduced the time required to receive nests – speedy, speedy, speedy!
- Very specific bug eliminated! Layer assignments could be set when unselected if a particular combination of keys and clicks were made.
- Removed an over-eager error popup when first logging in.
- Last week, we mentioned we were adding more advanced “Down for Maintenance” messaging and advance notice. We’ve released that work this week … you won’t get to see our efforts until the next time we have a ground-breaking update but it’ll be worth it!
22 September 2023
- Cut the chatter and keep it brief! We’ve reduced the size of data we send over the wire to keep things quick.
- Squashed a couple of importer bugs when changing scale or import units.
- Nobody likes a “Down for Maintenance” message but we do occasionally need to take the service offline to publish our amazing new updates. We know communication is king so we are putting measures in place to provide better advance notice of upcoming updates by email and also in-app status messages when the updates are happening.
14 September 2023
- We totally get it – not everyone’s into the whole credit card scene for a free trial, right? We’ve been all ears and decided to add a way to enjoy our trial without needing a credit card! All we ask is for a couple of extra bits of info about your business, and we’ll make sure you get completely the same experience as our card carrying friends. Let’s make this trial experience a breeze for everyone!
- Pesky polylines with no vertices were preventing otherwise healthy CAD files from importing. Well, we can’t answer that age-old philosophical question “Is a polyline really a polyline if it has no vertices?” but at least files import now.
- Fixed. We no longer send you to our company website (www.efficientsoftware.co.uk) when logging out of MyNesting Online although we’d love you to check out our other products too!
- We’ve been doing some preparatory work for organizing your library parts and saved nests into folders of your choosing.
- But wait, there’s more! Our in-house video guru, Tom, has whipped up an awesome “Getting Started” video to send out to new users. All part of our drive to include in-app training to give our users a head start in becoming MyNesting Online masters. You can check it out here.
29 August 2023
- We’ve been taking a collective deep breath to reflect on the last week’s launch and all the blood, sweat and joy that has gone into making it over many many years. Rest easy our fabulous team, you’ve done us proud! Now go and enjoy your holidays, for there is so much more to accomplish on your return!
22 August 2023 – Public Launch 🚀
- MyNesting Online is now live! We’ve achieved lift-off!
- New website launched. Open for new users.
- New user sign up and free trial added (try before you buy).
- Big plans are ahead, there is so much more we want to do. Development afterburners to full thrust!
17 August 2023
- You can now capture a screenshot and add to your feedback. This will help our fantastic support crew see exactly what you do so they can swoop in and save the day.
- Descending sort was broken. It’s not broken anymore.
10 August 2023
- Added helpful checks for parts that share the same name into the library.
- Added toast pop-ups when saving nesting projects. No, not that kind of toast, these won’t stave off your hunger but they will give you helpful messages and at just the right time too!
- Punctuation is usually helpful. In project titles and filenames they certainly aren’t. We’ve fixed issues across the application with punctuation being replaced where it would cause invalid filenames.
- We’ve reworked the part library search functionality and added supporting tests on the backend.
3 August 2023
- Added the ability to include files to your feedback for a speedy resolution by our fantastic support team.
- Sheets were not saving with the nest projects. We’ve now convinced them otherwise, bug squashed!
- Fixed issue with receipts and refunds (you can’t see that yet but we can).
27 July 2023
- Nothing particularly interesting to report this week I’m afraid … but we have given all the cogs in the MyNesting machine a good squirt of oil. We’ve been prepping for the possibility of a public launch next month. Fingers crossed!
20 July 2023
- Improved the overall responsiveness of the application. Slick, slick slick.
- Loads of other supporting “behind the scenes” stuff including tweaks to our admin dashboards to keep everything running tickety-boo.
- Loads of bugs eliminated this week. We’ve stopped part quantity from flashing randomly. Nobody likes a random flasher.
- Fixed issue with part hover events firing without good reason.
- Unplaced parts were preventing reopening saved projects. Fixed!
- Occasional duplication of parts in the importer. Fixed!
- Fixed problems with users with blank names. They shall henceforth be known as Unknown Unknowns.
13 July 2023
- The behaviour of selection key modifiers (Ctrl, Shift) in the Parts, Sheets and Library grids was a bit odd and disjointed. We’ve unified all the selection mechanisms to match the familiarity of Windows file explorer.
- Fixed the nesting submit button not being enabled again after nesting completed.
6 July 2023
- We’ve been adding a few bits on the accounts page to support subscription plans, payments and receipts. Alas, for all our efforts this week, there is nothing especially glittery to show you.
29 June 2023
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs) section added.
- Fixed import sessions getting out of sync when user made quick successive changes.
- Selection of parts in the Parts grid seemed to pick up residual energy of any deleted parts causing selection weirdness. We’re pleased to report that part deletion no longer haunts our grid selection!
- Fixed nesting search. It was being a bit temperamental.
- We’ve improved our development pipelines.
22 June 2023
- This week we give you minor improvements too small to mention, but a misbehaving button here and over-eager textbox there have now fallen into line with some gentle cajoling from our resident UI experts.
15 June 2023
- This week we’ve hired some more cloud workers to reduce nesting wait times. Go straight through please!
- Terms and conditions had a revamp. Not exactly glamorous but legal department’s collective eye twitch seems to have disappeared.
- Lots of work behind the scenes in our monitoring systems to grease the wheels and keep everything smooth.
8 June 2023
- We’ve added a “Totals” column in the Part stats window to show the sum of data all selected parts. Put your calculators away, let us do the heavy lifting!
- User interface had a makeover this week, please be kind.
- Fixed issue when saved projects were loaded in inches mode.
1 June 2023
- 400 preview users later ….
- Too many feature enhancements and bug fixes to mention. Thank you amazing users for your positive feedback – you’re the reason we do what we do!
1 June 2022 – Free Preview Launch 🚀
- Preview users invited to try MyNesting Online for the first time. The moment of truth!